You can pay for your order with PayPal, or a credit card. Enchroma accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Your credit card will be charged when you place your order. Purchasers must be the account holder or authorized user of the payment method, and must be 18 or older at the time of purchase.
Taxes and Fees
Orders with a shipping address located in Alameda county, California are subject to sales tax of 9.5% or 10%, depending on the city. For orders shipped to addresses inside California but outside the Alameda county district, the 7.5% state-wide sales tax rate is applied.
Orders shipped to locations outside the U.S. are subject to additional taxes and fees including, but not limited to, customs duties, import fees, local sales tax, GST or VAT. These additional taxes and fees are not included in the price of your order and will be collected at the time of delivery of your package.
Backorders and Pre-orders
Enchroma makes every attempt to ship orders with minimal delay. However, sometimes we are backordered or out of stock on some of our products. When possible, we place out of stock items on “pre-order” status with an estimated availability date. Items listed in the Enchroma catalog as “backordered” may take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to ship, depending on demand and availability of product. For pre-orders, we ship orders within a week of the availability date.
Payments for backorders and pre-orders are due when the order is placed, not when the order is shipped. This allows us to reserve your eyewear and begin processing your order. If your shipment will be delayed by more than 60 days of our estimated delivery date, you will be notified and given the option to continue to wait, cancel, or substitute a similar item if any are available.
Sales and Coupons
Sale items are limited to two per customer. Coupons are not valid on sale items, Certified Refurbished Glasses, Digital Gift Cards, and Repair Services. Offer may not be combined with any other discount or offer.
For shipments within the United States, we offer UPS Next Day Air, UPS Second Day Air, free UPS Ground, or USPS Priority Mail.
UPS does not ship to P.O. boxes. For P.O. Boxes, you must request USPS Priority Mail.
- UPS Next Day Air: About $40.00, depending on your location. (Please email us at [email protected] to make sure that we can meet your delivery needs. Include your order number and the word “urgent” in the subject line.)
- UPS Second Day Air: About $25.00, depending on your location.
- UPS Ground (1-5 business days): Free.
- USPS Priority Mail: About $10.00.
To calculate when your order will arrive, add the estimated processing time plus the shipping time. For example, a prescription order usually takes 3-4 weeks to process. If you choose UPS Second Day air, you’ll receive your order in 3-4 weeks processing time plus 2 days shipping time.
Allow 3-4 weeks processing time for prescriptions and Fit to Frames. Backorders and pre-orders ship when they come back into stock, usually 4-6 weeks. Other items usually ship in 1-2 weeks.
If your Enchroma order doesn’t work out for you, you can return it within 60 days of the date of shipment. Your return shipment must be postmarked by its return deadline. Late returns may be refused or assessed a processing fee, depending on the circumstances.
Return Policy Details
- Returns must be in their original condition with all original elements, including packaging. If the item is damaged or incomplete, Enchroma may refuse to accept the item or may assess a processing fee in accordance with the cost of restoring the item to its original condition.
- Refunds include the price you paid for the item plus any California sales tax you paid.
- Refunds do not include any shipping costs or international import fees.
- You are responsible for paying return shipping costs.
- For Fit to Your Frames orders, a $100 processing fee will be deducted from your refund to cover our costs. More information is on the Fit to Your Frames page.
- Your return must include your packing slip.
Refund Processing Time
We’ll start processing your return as soon as we receive it, and you should receive your refund within 3-4 weeks of the date you put your package in the mail. The returns process includes 3 steps:
- Your package is delivered to our warehouse.
- We process your return and issue a refund request to your bank.
- Your bank processes our request and refunds your payment.
Each step takes about 5-10 business days. As soon as we issue the refund request to your bank, we’ll notify you by email.
Please use your local postal service to return your order. If using another service, we will hold your returned order until we receive the final bill for any import fees. Once we receive the closing bill, we will issue your refund less any additional import fees billed to us.
Enchroma ships to customers around the world. For most locations, we use UPS Worldwide Services, which usually delivers orders within 2-5 business days. For shipments to Canada we use USPS Priority Mail International, which costs about $25.00 and takes about 3-7 days.
United States Export Restrictions
Enchroma cannot ship to China, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Russia, Vietnam, Brazil, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan, Libya and any other country or region that is prohibited by U.S. law. Enchroma cannot ship to any other country for the purpose of subsequently importing into any of the above restricted countries.
International Import Fees
International customers might be required to pay additional import fees, such as customs duty and local sales tax. These fees are imposed by your local government authorities, not Enchroma. Enchroma is not responsible for these fees and cannot refund them, even if you return your order. However, many countries refund all or part of import fees for returned imports. If you return your Enchroma order, contact your local customs office to ask about import fee refunds.
You must pay import fees to receive your order. If you refuse to accept delivery in order to avoid import fees, the package will be returned to your local customs office, not to Enchroma. If the fees are not paid in a timely manner, the package will then be classified as abandoned and might be destroyed. Enchroma cannot issue refunds for abandoned or destroyed merchandise.
Import fees can change at any time. To find out what your import fees will be, contact your local customs office. For more information, see International Orders. If you need an impact resistance certificate, see Enchroma Impact Resistance Certificate.
Fit to Your Frames Orders
We can make Enchroma lenses for your favorite frames, with or without a prescription. After you place your order, we’ll email you instructions about how to mail your frames to us. When we receive them, we’ll create custom lenses for your frames, then ship your finished eyewear back to you. Most orders ship in about 3-4 weeks.
For important information about frame requirements, prescription orders, and returns, see Enchroma Lenses Fit to Your Frames.
Fit to Frames Guarantee
You can return your Fit to Frames order within 60 days. A $100 processing fee will be deducted from your refund to cover our costs. You are responsible for the cost to ship the eyewear back to to us.
Fit to Frames Warranty
The Enchroma standard 1-year warranty applies to the Enchroma lenses we make for your frames. However, Enchroma does not provide warranty protection for customer-provided frames.
- Enchroma can only repair frames from the Enchroma catalog. We cannot repair customer-supplied frames.
- Enchroma may opt to replace rather than repair any item. Replacements may be from new or refurbished stock of equivalent or greater value.
- We cannot guarantee that your item can be repaired. Enchroma reserves the right to refuse a repair services order.
- If we determine the problem with your item is caused by a warranty-covered issue, the charges will be waived.
- Repaired glasses are covered by a 60 day warranty from repair date or 1 year from original purchase date, whichever is longest.
- Glasses are eligible for repair service up to two years from original purchase date.
Digital Gift Card
- Gift cards can be purchased at enchroma.com.
- Coupons may not be used to purchase gift cards.
- No taxes are charged on the purchase of gift cards. Applicable taxes are charged when gift cards are redeemed.
- Gift cards can only be redeemed for future purchases of merchandise at enchroma.com.
- Upon redeeming your gift card, if your purchase exceeds the amount of the gift card, you will need to pay the balance.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed at Authorized Enchroma Reseller locations.
- Gift cards cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash or credit (except where required by law), and cannot be replaced or refunded if lost or stolen.
- Enchroma digital gift cards are emailed directly to recipients and usually arrive within hours after ordering.
- Gift cards may not be resold. Gift cards purchased through any unauthorized resellers or other internet auction sites are not guaranteed by Enchroma.
- Purchase, use or acceptance of Enchroma gift cards constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may be changed at any time.