“I can’t wait to give the sunglasses to my boyfriend tomorrow for his birthday! I always describe the variations of color in our beautiful Coastal North Carolina sunrises and sunsets. But this weekend I’ll have the pleasure of asking Jeff to describe what he sees to me. Thank you so much!”
“I got a pair for both inside/outside and put them inside and was expecting more. When I went outside WOW! I had the best ride to and from work. The road signs, grass, trees, lights were so colorful!“
“There aren’t words to express how happy I am. There’s soooooooo many colors!”
“We received sunglasses today. Thank you so much. My son wore them for 15minutes today. First thing he said as soon as he put it on was ‘wooooow!!’ Then I knew he is seeing all the colors the way I see!!! Thank you so much for this amazing glasses.”
“We just got the glasses and oh my gosh – I think my son’s life has been changed forever. THANK YOU!!!!
He said he can’t believe what flowers actually look like and how blue the sky is now.”
“Thank you very much. The sunglasses were the best investment I’ve ever made!
Best. Investment. Ever”
Facts about Color Blindness and Enchroma
- There are an estimated 300 million people in the world with color vision deficiency.
- 1 in 12 men are color blind (8%).
- 1 in 200 women are color blind (0.5%).
- Color blindness is typically inherited genetically and carried recessively on the X chromosome.
- While color blindness is often considered a mild disability, studies estimate that two-thirds of people with CVD feel it’s a handicap.
- Red-green color blindness doesn’t mean only color confusion with red and green colors, but the whole color spectrum can cause confusion.
- Enchroma glasses are the only specialty eyewear that alleviates red-green color blindness, enhancing colors without the compromise of color accuracy.
- Enchroma started in 2010, after ten years of R&D.
- Enchroma emerged from three National Institutes of Health (NIH) SBIR funded studies on the feasibility of correcting color vision deficiency.
- A father can’t pass his red-green color blindness on to his sons.
- If a woman is red-green color blind, all her sons will also be color blind.
- John Dalton wrote the first scientific paper on color blindness. Color blindness is also referred to as Daltonism.
- It’s extremely rare, but it’s possible to have normal color vision in one eye and color blindness in the other eye. This is called unilateral dichromacy.
- The popular “red means bad and green means good” is a poor design for people with color blindness. A better choice would to use red–blue and yellow–blue color combinations.
- Many people with color blindness cannot tell that the power connector on a MacBook changes color.
- Lots of color blind people are surprised to find out that peanut butter is not green.
Enchroma Company Background
Enchroma Logos (before downloading read trademark usage guidelines)
Enchroma strives to ensure that consumers and the medical community understand that our glasses are not a “cure,” “correction,” or “fix” for color blindness. The glasses are based on over ten years of science. They work for four out of five red-green color blind people. It would be appreciated if your story notes that the glasses do not work for everyone and that they do not provide 100% color vision. Enchroma glasses enhance the vibrancy and saturation of certain colors and improve color discrimination, depth and detail perception. The user’s typical experience takes about 5-15 minutes for an effect.
Email: [email protected]