- Additional Information
- Features and Benefits
We can make Enchroma lenses for your favorite frames, including prescription. After you place your order, we’ll email you instructions about how to mail your frames to us. When we receive them, we’ll create custom lenses for your frames, then ship your finished glasses back to you. Most orders ship in about 3-4 weeks. This service is only available to customers in the U.S.
- Mail your frames to us with the original lenses intact. We’ll return your original lenses with your order.
- Do not include the case for your frames. Instead, enclose your frames in disposable protective packaging such as bubble wrap. Enchroma is not responsible for lost cases.
We accept most full-rim frames made from metal or plastic materials.
- Frames must be Rx-able, even if you’re ordering Enchroma lenses without a prescription. Rx-able frames (also called Rx capable) are frames that are designed for use with prescription lenses.
- Frames must be less than one year old and in good condition. Damaged or deteriorating frames are not accepted.
- Sports “wrap-around” frames (also called 8-base frames) require polycarbonate lenses (additional $50). Wrap-around frames cannot accept standard single vision prescriptions. Instead, select Rx (Free-form Single Vision), Rx (Blended Bifocal), or Rx (Progressive).
- If you want to use Oakley frames, please make sure they’re on our list of compatible Oakley frame styles.
We can’t accept:
- Rimless, drilled rimless (also called “drill mount”) or notch mount frames.
- Semi-rimless or nylon mount frames.
- Metal groove frames.
- 3D printed frames, horn frames, or frames made from other unusual or delicate materials.
- Frames that require complex lens shapes, shapes with notches, cutouts, shields, or goggles.
Your prescription must be written for the specific frame you provide. Make sure the prescription contains:
- Prescription information for both your right and left eye.
- PD (Pupillary Distance) number. Pupillary Distance is the distance between your pupils.
- Segment height (seg height) number (required only for Fit to Frames orders of progressive or blended bifocal lenses).
You can return your Fit to Your Frames order within 60 days. A $100 processing fee will be deducted from your refund to cover our costs. You are responsible for the cost to ship the glasses back to to us.
To return a Fit to Your Frames order, return your glasses as well as your original lenses so that we can remove the Enchroma lenses, re-mount your original lenses, and mail the glasses back to you.
Alternatively, you can return the Enchroma lenses without your frames but the $100 processing fee still applies. Caution: There is a high risk of accidentally breaking the frames while removing the lenses. Check with your optician or eye care professional to ask if they will remove the lenses for you. Enchroma is not responsible for any frame damage caused during lens removal.
Our standard 1 year warranty applies to the Enchroma lenses placed in your frames. However, Enchroma does not provide warranty protection for customer-provided frames.
- Enchroma is not responsible for damage or loss of frames during transit to us. When mailing your frames to us, please insure them for their correct replacement value and require a signature for delivery.
- We cannot guarantee that your frames will be compatible with our lenses or manufacturing processes. Enchroma reserves the right to refuse customer-provided frames. Customers are responsible for the cost of shipping back incompatible frames.
- We process all orders with precision and care, but sometimes accidents happen. Enchroma is not liable for any damage that might occur to customer-provided frames during the insertion of our lenses. If your frame is damaged during this process, Enchroma will refund you the cost of your frame up to a maximum of $200. If you supply new frames to replace the damaged ones, Enchroma will fit them with the lenses you originally ordered.
|Dimensions||10 x 5 x 5 in|
Indoor Glasses, Sunglasses, Sunglasses
None, Polycarbonate, No Rx — add $50, Single Vision — Allow 3-4 weeks for processing, and add $150, Single Vision Digital Free Form — add $200, Progressive — Allow 3-4 weeks for processing, and add $250, Blended Bifocal — add $250
Features and Benefits
Color Blindness Correcting Multi-Band Spectral Filter*
- Increases accuracy and reaction time to color-coded information such as traffic signals and road signs.
- Improves confidence in color naming.
- Improves visual detail and depth perception of colored objects; trees against the forest, fruit in a tree and flowers on a vine.
- Boosts saturation of colors, creating an astonishingly vivid and bright world.
- Reveals a new experience of color, which can be a profound emotional experience for someone with color blindness.
Our sunglasses feature comprehensive 100% UV-blocking
- Our sunglasses feature 100% UV-blocking. Exposure to UVA, UVB and high-energy blue light contributes to formation of cataracts, macular degeneration and other degenerative eye diseases.
Polycarbonate Lens (Prescription and Pediatric Lenses)
- Highest impact resistance of any lens material.
- #1 doctor-recommended lens material for pediatric ophthalmics.
- Best-in-class scratch resistant hard-coating
Plastic Lens (Non-Prescription Adult Lens Only)
- Thinner and lighter than glass with improved impact resistance.
- Best-in-class scratch resistant hard-coating.
Premium Anti-Reflection Coating
- Reduces glare, haze and internal reflections.
Super-Hydrophobic and Oleophobic Coating
- Repels water, dust, sweat and fingerprints making the lens easy to clean.
- Full refund for returns within 60 days.
- Comprehensive 1-year warranty.
- Repair service available should anything go wrong.
Made in the United States
- Support domestic high-tech manufacturing.
Worldwide shipping available. Free shipping within the U.S.