- Additional Information
- Product Instructions
- Features and Benefits
Frame: EnChroma Explorer
The Explorer is a modified “squared-off” aviator-style frame with adjustable features and multiple sizes to ensure an excellent fit. The frame is constructed from corrosion-resistant monel, a metal alloy that won’t react with your skin. Integrated spring hinges ensure long-term comfort and durability. The matte finish, available in black or silver, has a luxurious texture that compliments the appearance of the EnChroma lenses. A hard-shell case is included with a slim design that fits easily in pockets. The size medium measurements are 55-16-135 and the large is 58-16-140 (mm).
EnChroma Cx Lenses — Optical Color Blindness Correction
EnChroma Cx lenses use high-tech optics to enhance color before it reaches the eye, giving the color blind access to a new world of color experience.
Red-green color blindness is a genetic condition in which the light-sensing function of the red and green cones is more overlapping than normal. By filtering a narrow region of the spectrum where overlap is occurring, EnChroma Cx lenses restore normal separation between the red and green cones. For many people with color blindness, the effect is a profound emotional experience.
Wearers gain faster and more accurate discrimination of colors such as in traffic signals and signs, improved confidence with color naming, increased visual detail and depth perception of colored objects, and the profound experience of a bright and vivid world of color.
Visit EnChroma.com/test today to test your color vision. Our Cx lenses feature 100% UV-blocking. Made in the United States. U.S. and international patents pending.
Money-back guarantee for returns made within 30 days.
|Dimensions||10 x 5 x 5 in|
Cx-14 Sunglass Lens (Category 3), Cx-25 Medium Sunglass Lens (Category 2), Cx-65 Indoor/Computer Lens (Category 1)
Standard (Non-Prescription), Polycarbonate Rx (Single-Vision), Polycarbonate Rx (Progressive)
Large (58-16-140 B=44), Medium (55-16-135 B=42)
Matte Silver, Matte Black
|Visible Light Transmission||
Category 3 (20%)
For the Cx-14 and Cx-25 lenses, wear outdoors in daylight in any situation in which you would typically wear sunglasses. Eye care professionals recommend wearing sunglasses as often as possible to protect the eyes from the damaging effects of UV and high-energy blue light. For the Cx-65 lens, wear indoors for viewing digital displays such as computer screens, tablets and mobile phones.
When putting on the lens, allow at least 10 minutes for the eyes to adjust to the darkness of the lens and avoid removing the eyewear during the adjustment period. Removing the eyewear, even momentarily, will tend to reduce the effectiveness of the color enhancement.
To ensure optimal effectiveness, wear the lens for at least 10 hours in a variety of situations over the course of 1-2 weeks. Depending on your rate of neural plasticity, a significant amount of time may be required for the visual cortex to respond to the new information. Best results are obtained in strong daylight and in colorful settings, such as a botanical garden or an outdoor event.
When first trying on the lens, the unusual appearance of colors may be visually distracting. Always maintain awareness of potential hazards in your surroundings and do not use the eyewear while driving until the new appearance of colors is comfortable and familiar.
Effectiveness of the product may be limited for strong color blindness. Use the EnChroma Color Blindness Test at EnChroma.com/test or consult with an eye care professional to determine the type and extent of color vision deficiency.
- The eyewear is not intended for use with high-impact sports, shooting, tools, or operation of industrial machines. Always store eyewear in protective case when not in use.
- The Cx-14 lens is designed for outdoor use only. The Cx-25 lens is designed for both outdoor and indoor use in bright lighting. The Cx-65 lens is designed for use with digital displays such as computer screens, tablets and mobile phones. Results may vary depending on the type of display technology being viewed.
- Effectiveness of the lens may vary depending on the type and extent of color vision deficiency.
- The lens is not designed to defeat color blindness screening tests. The lens will not improve scores on the EnChroma Color Blindness Test.
- The lens is not intended for use in occupations where employment of color blind individuals is restricted for reasons of public safety, such as police officers, fire and medical emergency responders, military personnel, and public transport operators.
- The lens is an optical assistive device only and not a cure for color blindness.
Features and Benefits
Color Blindness Correcting Multi-Band Spectral Filter
- Increases accuracy and reaction time to color-coded information such as traffic signals and road signs.
- Improves confidence in color naming.
- Improves visual detail and depth perception of colored objects; trees against the forest, fruit in a tree and flowers on a vine.
- Boosts saturation of colors, creating an astonishingly vivid and bright world.
- Reveals a new experience of color, which can be a profound emotional experience for someone with color blindness.
Our sunglasses feature comprehensive 100% UV-blocking
- Our Cx lenses feature 100% UV-blocking. Exposure to UVA, UVB and high-energy blue light contributes to formation of cataracts, macular degeneration and other degenerative eye diseases.
Polycarbonate Lens (Prescription and Pediatric Lenses)
- Highest impact resistance of any lens material.
- #1 doctor-recommended lens material for pediatric ophthalmics.
- Best-in-class scratch resistant hard-coating
Plastic Lens (Non-Prescription Adult Lens Only)
- Thinner and lighter than glass with improved impact resistance.
- Best-in-class scratch resistant hard-coating
Premium Anti-Reflection Coating
- Reduces glare, haze and internal reflections.
Super-Hydrophobic and Oleophobic Coating
- Repels water, dust, sweat and fingerprints making the lens easy to clean.
- Full refund for returns within 30 days.
- Comprehensive 1-year warranty.
- Repair service available should anything go wrong.
Made in the United States
- Support domestic high-tech manufacturing.
This item will be released on November 16, 2015.
EnChroma Cx Gamma$329.95–$699.95
The Gamma is an acetate frame with classic styling.