EnChroma is seeking an experienced Customer Support Manager with opportunities for advancement. As the leader of our support organization, you set the standard in providing support to EnChroma customers, both for direct customers and the retailers that offer our product.
You will manage our highly-motivated, dedicated support team (a staff of 12 and growing) and prepare for expansion, including building upon existing infrastructure as well as selecting and implementing tools and technologies. You will strategize, but also dive in to help ensure users have successful and positive experiences. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup and build an exceptional support organization.
Success in this role requires a blend of sales account management and technical support to ensure our retailers are achieving the ROI they envisioned when they partnered with us.
A strong predictor of success for this position is the ability to highly motivate customers and employees, synthesize information and adapt strategy quickly, while collaborating effectively with executive management, peers across multiple organizations and leading a team of customer success agents and managers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and developing the support team as it grows.
- Encouraging ownership of customer contact issues throughout the team and company, creating a responsive, fast-acting culture able to handle immediate requests as they arise.
- Integrating and managing all support channels (phone, email, chat, social).
- Establishing and managing system of metrics for continual evaluation of individual customer support personnel and system-wide performance.
- Establishing protocols for client communications, including setting standards for response times, response templates, meeting and report templates.
- Developing internal SLAs and performance benchmarks to ensure clients are properly trained, supported and ultimately delighted with our service and support.
- Handling escalated support cases, meeting with customers in person or responding over email and phone to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining efficient use of Zendesk ticketing system, Woocommerce, and related software. Ensure consistent usage and trackable interactions with all customers and run reports on the performance of the team from within those systems.
- Meeting or exceeding established customer satisfaction targets to attain positive increases to our Net Promoter Score.
- Extending existing software tools for support and quality assurance, including appropriate automation solutions. Selecting and integrating new tools as required.
- Developing and implementing a scalable staffing plan, including hiring staff to meet growing demand, locally and remotely.
- Collaborating with the entire EnChroma team to understand and refine the product and provide solutions for user needs.
- Jumping in and helping out in diverse areas — no business needs are too big or small.
- Ensuring that customers are informed, educated, and trained as to the scope of our services, tools, and solutions. In short, you will own customer satisfaction, and represent our customers internally.
- Driving an exceptional support experience.
Why work at EnChroma?
A huge opportunity for growth — ground floor management opportunity with an early stage company. You’ll work with nice, smart, hard-working people who like to have fun. Willing to do what it takes to get the work done. Great compensation; stock options available; smoke and scent-free office. Health benefits underway.
- 3+ years of customer support management.
- Experience with Zendesk, Desk, Salesforce, JIRA or comparable software.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with customer-facing and/or internal facing websites, portals and knowledge management systems and ability to write step-by-step guides to walk users through processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing process flows and working with teams to identify and analyze process improvement opportunities. Expert understanding of data analysis, including root cause analysis, and other process modeling and systems design tools.
- Familiarity with customer support measurement, KPI’s, reporting and insight analysis.
- Work in a multi-channel client/customer support environment (e.g., email, phone, chat, social).
- Track record of delivering superior customer experiences, based on key metrics.
- Experience selecting, implementing and managing multi-channel support tools, preferably cloud based technology.
- Ability to “triage” and deliver solutions on a timely basis.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
- You have exceptional interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- You’re able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You’re enthusiastic about providing a positive work environment and encouraging high morale.
If interested please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] and let’s get started.